Your off-roader is the ultimate adventure vehicle, so make sure you don't just drive it on tarmac! Try venturing down the road less-travelled. We have designed a course which covers both the practical and theoretical aspects of off-roading and at the same time teach you about the conservation of both the fauna and flora surrounding us.
I loved every minute of the training course!.
The course has been specifically tailored for Southern African conditions. It was developed by Protea in response to off-roaders wanting to maximise their enjoyment whilst off-roading on a wide variety of terrain and varying conditions. The training is interactive and takes place in the Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve on natural terrain typically found in Southern Africa. We boast some of the most dramatic and rugged wilderness areas in Gauteng, which makes it a perfect environment to learn more about your vehicle and its amazing capabilities.
Our off-road 4x4 training course is designed to help you practice with others so that you can improve your off-road driving skills. We offer one-day intensive driver training course for all Mitsubishi vehicles.
It is an adventurous and fun day out for you and your family to enjoy with interaction between the family and loads of fun. Off-roading is about the family and the joy it brings, the understanding and appreciation of negotiating the road less-travelled. The course is suitable for all types of off-road vehicles including 4x4’s, 4x2’s and also soft-roaders (S-AWC/AWD, vehicles without low range).
Certificate of Competency: An intensive 4x4 off-road driver training course involving the following topics:
- Basic recovery techniques and applications
- Vehicle dynamics and accessories
- Safety aspects of off-roading in Southern Africa
- Bush safety and awareness procedures
- Convoy procedure and bush driving etiquette
- Theory and pratical experience on ascending, descending, ditches, ridges, slopes, mud, water, stream crossing, rocks, sand and the best way to conquer difficult terrain.
- Tyre selection and tyre pressures
- Operation of the Super Select II 4WD systems, Hill Descent, Electronic Terrain Response, ASTC, and the Read Diff Lock
- Eco friendly off-roading driving techniques
- Focus on eco-sensitive driving
- Operation of the S-AWC/AWD System, traction control and terrain response